Dr Fritz Kleweta is a finance partner in our Frankfurt office.
Fritz has extensive experience in the areas of leveraged finance and private capital. His practice is focused on advising on national and international leveraged and corporate finance transactions. He advises both lenders and borrowers, including senior and mezzanine financing, syndications and securitisations. In addition, his advisory work also includes assisting with loan restructuring mandates.
Fritz Kleweta graduated from the University of Bonn. He holds a doctorate degree of the Leuphana University of Lüneburg and a Master of Laws from the University of Edinburgh.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2023, he was a partner at another leading international law firm in Germany. He speaks German and English.
Experience & expertise
- Various sponsors in connection with KfW's Covid-19 special programmes, including liquidity financing of €50 million *
- LR Global, a leading German multi-level marketing group for cosmetics with subsidiaries in Europe and elsewhere regarding the restructuring of the group’s third-party debt*
- H.I.G. Capital in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Taconic Biosciences*
- Genui in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Berge & Meer from TUI AG and of the acquisition and roll-up of medical practices in Germany*
- Blackrock in respect of facilities for the acquisition and roll-up of German dentistry businesses by Summit Partners and the acquisition of radiology surgeries*
*Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills