Dr Anja Lingscheid is a Counsel in our Employment, Pension and Incentives practice based in Frankfurt.
Anja has more than 10 years of experience advising in all areas of German individual and collective employment law. She advises international and German companies in particular in relation to acquisitions, transformations (recently transformations into a SE especially) and restructurings (mass redundancy/workforce reductions). Her focus of activity moreover includes co-determination on company level, internal investigations and issues related to the German General Equal Treatment Act. She also represents corporate clients in employment law proceedings and in negotiations with works councils.
Anja regularly speaks and publishes on her specialist subjects. She is an editor of Tschöpe's "Arbeitsrecht Handbuch" and co-editor and author of the book "Restructuring and M&A - German Employment Law Guide".
Anja studied and obtained her doctorate (2004) at the University of Cologne. She was admitted to the bar in Germany in 2002 and is a certified specialist for employment law (Fachanwältin für Arbeitsrecht) since 2007. Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills Anja worked for other international law firms as well as inhouse for a leading international industrial services provider as a senior legal advisor for employment law.
Experience & expertise
- ANEX Group on the acquisition of Bucher Reisen and ÖGER Tours from the insolvent Thomas Cook Group
- Event Hospitality & Entertainment Limited on the employment law aspects of the sale of its German cinema exhibition division, CineStar, to UK-based Vue International Bidco Plc.
- Wang family on the employment law aspects of the acquisition of Grammer AG (German automotive supplier). The Wang family, majority shareholder of the internationally active Chinese automotive supplier Ningbo Jifeng Auto Parts Co. acquires a majority shareholding in Grammer via its German acquisition company, Jiye Auto Parts GmbH
- leading Global Biopharmaceutical Solutions Organization on the employment aspects of mergers of group companies in Germany and subsequent harmonization of employment conditions.
- staggered transformation of Sumitomo Electric Bordnetze into a Societas Europaea*
- restructuring and headcount reduction/mass redundancy at a subsidiary of a leading international industrial services provider (including negotiations on a reconciliation of interests and a social compensation plan)*
- internal fraud investigation and post-merger integration at a leading international technology company including representation in numerous unfair dismissal claims*
*prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills