Dominic is a Senior Associate in the firm's Technology, Media and Telecommunications practice based in our London office.
Dominic's practice focuses on advising clients on complex technology and telecommunications projects, and he has a breadth of experience advising across a range of other business sectors, including major infrastructure, renewable energy projects and corporate transactions.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Dominic spent thirteen years in New Zealand advising on technology, telecommunications and infrastructure transactions and was ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer for Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Legal 500 New Zealand.
Experience & expertise
- GIC on its acquisition of a 30% stake in CETIN Group, a leading telecommunications infrastructure provider operating across Central and Eastern Europe.
- IHS Towers on its acquisition of 5,709 telecommunication towers in South Africa from MTN and the provision of Power-as-a-Service to MTN at approximately 12,800 sites across South Africa (including the acquired 5,709 sites).
- EML Payments on the acquisition of Sentenial, a cloud-native, full-stack enterprise-grade payments provider, including the open banking brand Nuapay.
- Stuff (New Zealand) in relation to the acquisition of a 50% stake in Future Energy NZ.
- Fairfax in relation to the staged acquisition of up to 100% of the shares in Neighbourly (New Zealand's leading neighbourhood social networking site).
Other energy sector transactions
- Flux UK in relation to the development of a retail energy platform in the UK, partnering with RWE npower.
- Meridian Energy in relation to the development of the Harapaki wind farm – New Zealand's second-largest wind farm, with 41 turbines generating 176 MW.
- Trustpower in relation to its smart metering deployment and service arrangements.
- Meridian Australia in relation to various new developments, including a new battery energy storage system (BESS) at the Hume hydro power station, and a new 130MW wind and BESS in the Glen Innes region of New South Wales.
- Vector in relation to the launch of its residential solar equipment and electricity buyback offering.
- Meridian Energy in relation to the divestment of Arc Innovations, a smart metering service provider.
- Meridian Energy in relation to the divestment of Energy for Industry, New Zealand’s leading provider of energy solutions for industry.