Didon is an Associate in the International Arbitration Group in London.
Didon practices both investment treaty and international commercial arbitration. She has experience advising in disputes under the UNCITRAL, ICC, LCIA, SIAC, and HKIAC Rules, and has worked with clients from a range of sectors, including energy, oil and natural gas, mining, infrastructure, aviation, technology, and healthcare. She has also previously acted as a Legal Advisor to the Republic of India in several of its bilateral investment agreement negotiations.
Didon's experience includes advising:
- the Republic of India in an UNCITRAL arbitration initiated by a South Korean state-owned power company relating to an investment in a gas-based power plant located in Western India.*
- the Republic of India in an UNCITRAL arbitration initiated by a United Arab Emirates-based investment authority in connection with a bauxite mining project in South India.*
- the Republic of India in an UNCITRAL arbitration initiated by a Mauritian company relating to its investment in an Indian airport ground handling business.*
- a multinational technology company in a SIAC arbitration regarding breaches of a shareholders' agreement.*
- a global digital health services company in an ICC arbitration regarding breaches of a share purchase agreement.*
*experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Didon holds a dual degree in law and arts from the Jindal Global Law School in India, where she graduated with First Class Honours, and read the Bachelor of Civil Law at the University of Oxford, where she graduated with Distinction. She is admitted to the Indian Bar.
Didon is fluent in English and Hindi.