David is a solicitor in our corporate team, focusing on equity capital markets and mergers and acquisitions.
David advises clients in a variety of corporate transactions and has experience in equity capital markets, public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructures and general corporate advisory.
David holds Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Economics from the University of New South Wales.
David is admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- Issuer counsel, IPO equity securities – Judo Bank ($653 million), Best & Less Group ($100 million) and hipages Group ($100 million)
- Issuer counsel, IPO hybrid securities - Commonwealth Bank of Australia on its $1,750 million offer of PERLS XIV Capital Notes (and concurrent PERLS IX reinvestment offer)
- Issuer counsel, secondary raising equity securities:
- Foreign counsel to NZX on its NZ$44 million fully underwritten pro-rata accelerated renounceable entitlement offer
- Wisr on its $55 million fully underwritten institutional placement and non-underwritten share purchase plan
- Lead manager counsel, IPO hybrid securities:
- Westpac Banking Corporation’s $1.5 billion Capital Notes 9 offer (and concurrent Capital Notes 2 reinvestment offer)
- Australia and New Zealand Bank’s $1.28 billion Capital Notes 7 offer (and concurrent Capital Notes 2 reinvestment offer)
- Australian Unity’s $105 million Mutual Capital Instruments offer (the first time that Mutual Capital Instruments were offered in Australia)
- Lead manager counsel, secondary raising equity securities:
- Zip’s $149 million fully underwritten institutional placement
- BWX’s $85 million fully underwritten institutional placement
- Challenger’s $270 million fully underwritten institutional placement
- Webjet’s $275 million fully underwritten institutional placement and partially underwritten accelerated pro-rata, non-renounceable entitlement offer.
- SocietyOne on its acquisition by non-bank lender MoneyMe
- ioneer in relation to a strategic investment by Sibanye-Stillwater
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on the sale of trading solutions platform AUSIEX to Japanese bank Nomura
- Aurizon in relation to its acquisition of ConPorts, an export terminal and ship loading facility at the Port of Newcastle
- Infrastructure Capital Group in relation to the acquisition of 49.2% of the share capital in Australia and New Zealand's largest privately-owned bus group, Kinetic
- Oxford Property Group on the corporate restructure and sell-down of the Investa Office Fund.