David is a projects and infrastructure lawyer with more than 35 years of experience.
David works with clients to achieve their desired commercial outcomes in complex projects. His approach combines a strong understanding of his clients’ businesses and his well-developed negotiation skills and has resulted in repeat work with many of the major players in infrastructure.
He has particular expertise in PPP projects, having worked on more than 50 PPP projects. His extensive experience in major project-financed construction and engineering schemes, infrastructure, privatisations and property developments worldwide allows him to work closely with clients on a range of procurement methods from PPP’s, through to EPC, D&C, construct only, collaborative and CM arrangements.
David has been consistently recognised for many years as a leading lawyer by a range of publications including Chambers, Asia Pacific Legal 500, Best Lawyers, ALB, Who’s Who and Doyles.
Experience & expertise
- the Darling Harbour Live consortium on its successful bid for the Sydney International Convention, Exhibition and Entertainment Precinct PPP project, and on the implementation of the project
- Macquarie Group in relation to its successful unsolicited proposal to the NSW Government for a fully integrated station/over station development solution for the new Sydney Metro Martin Place Station
- the Sydney Light Rail Project Company in relation to ongoing aspects of the A$2.5 billion SLR PPP Project
- the lenders to the successful Northern Pathways Consortium on their bid for the New Grafton Correctional Centre PPP project
- the owner on the refurbishment of the existing hotel in Sydney and on the substantial expansion of the hotel by the construction of an additional tower in a complex building project over the Western Distributor.