David specialises in the resolution of infrastructure, construction and engineering disputes.
He has vast experience advising on disputes involving litigation, arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution, including adjudication and decision boards. Much of his practice comprises helping clients to establish robust processes for resolving claims without the need for formal proceedings.
David helps clients, including international employers, contractors, subcontractors and consultants, in a variety of sectors including transport and energy. He has advised on disputes arising out of some of the UK's largest infrastructure projects.
David's practice has a particular focus on the Middle East, where he was previously based for a number of years, and he continues to collaborate with clients who have interests in the region. He also has extensive experience of major projects in a number of jurisdictions across Europe and Asia.
David's expertise in construction related disputes is recognised by the leading legal directories, including the Legal 500.
Experience & expertise
- London Underground on disputes arising from substantial delay and disruption claims with a PFI contractor responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of a new telecommunications system on the underground network
- one part of a contracting consortium on ICC arbitration proceedings arising out of a metropolitan rail project
- a contractor on a series of disputes arising out of a PFI project in the UK
- an EPC contractor on disputes with the employer and with subcontractors arising out of the design and construction of a facility for the processing and storage of nuclear waste
- an Indian contractor on DIAC arbitration proceedings arising out of an infrastructure project in the UAE