David is a Senior Associate in the firm's corporate practice with a focus on public and private M&A, joint ventures, equity capital markets transactions and partnership matters.
David is a corporate lawyer (qualified in England & Wales and Australia) specialising in public and private M&A, joint ventures, equity capital markets transactions and partnership matters. In the UK, he worked across a broad range of sectors including energy and natural resources, professional services, industrials, real estate and telecommunications, including many cross-border and international transactions.
In the UK, David also regularly advised listed companies and financial advisers on listed company transactions and governance issues.
David studied Natural Sciences at St John's College, Cambridge and Law at Nottingham Law School. He joined the firm in 2005 and qualified in 2007. David worked in the Moscow office of Herbert Smith Freehills between 2012 and 2014. He has also spent time on secondment at a leading investment bank in London.
Experience & expertise
- Johnson Matthey on the disposal of its Health business to Altaris Capital Partners and rollover into a 30% stake in Altaris’ private equity structure
- Telefónica (O2) on the monetisation of the UK mobile towers company which it jointly owns and operates with Vodafone
- Sky on the £30 billion competitive takeover situation involving 21st Century Fox, Disney and Comcast Corporation and Sky’s integration into the Comcast Group
- Mercuria Energy Group on the reverse takeover to effect the combination of Petrolera El Trébol and Andes Energia, waiver of Rule 9 of the Takeover Code and readmission of the enlarged share capital of Phoenix Global Resources (formerly Andes Energia) on AIM
- BevCo, the second largest shareholder in SABMiller, on Anheuser Busch InBev's £68 billion takeover offer of SABMiller