David Gray advises on mergers & acquisitions and equity capital markets matters.
Based in Perth, David has over 20 years experience helping clients on complex commercial and capital market transactions. He develops close relationships with clients regularly advising boards and management on key strategic issues.
The strength of these relationships is evidenced by his repeat characterisation by Doyle’s Guide as one of Perth’s pre-eminent M&A and ECM lawyers.
In addition to his transaction-based practice, David is a member of the firm’s Australian Head Office Advisory team. In this role, he advises numerous Perth-based companies on corporate governance, capital management, executive remuneration and employee incentive schemes.
Experience & expertise
- Woodside Energy on its proposed deal with Oil Search Limited and on the Shell divestment and associated capital management initiatives
- Wesfarmers on numerous acquisitions and capital management
- on the creation of Evolution Mining; a three way merger between Catalpa Resources, Conquest Mining and Newcrest Mining
- on many takeovers and schemes primarily in the mining and energy areas
- on key capital markets transactions including the IPOs of Australian Finance Group and Little World Beverazges and many secondary raisings including Woodside and Iluka Resources
- on a number of Takeovers Panel proceedings including Mount Gibson’s successful application showing certain of its shareholders had formed an impermissable association in breach of Australian takeovers law