David is a corporate partner with a particular focus on private equity transactions.
David advises international and domestic private equity houses, financial sponsors, their portfolio companies and management teams on a wide range of matters, including leveraged buyouts, acquisitions and disposals, growth equity transactions, shareholder and management incentive arrangements, joint ventures, restructurings and refinancings.
David has a bachelor of laws (first class) from the University of Durham. He is qualified in England and Wales and joined Herbert Smith Freehills in 2020.
Experience & expertise
- DWS on its exit from ground support equipment business TCR to 3i
- Inflexion on its sale of Succession Wealth
- Blackstone on its investment in Currencies Direct
- Aquiline Capital Partners on its investment in Wealth at Work
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management on its investment in Form3 and exit from Beqom
- Ixcellerate on its fundraising by, among others, Mubadala
- Thoma Bravo on its acquisition of insurance software firm Majesco
- United Group on its acquisition of Tele2 Croatia
- Thoma Bravo on the £3.1 billion recommended cash offer for Sophos, a global leader in next-generation cybersecurity solutions
- BC Partners on its acquisition of a majority stake in United Group, a leading media and communication services provider across Southeast Europe, from KKR
- Blackstone on its investment in social gaming developer Murka
- Permira on its acquisition of Cisco’s Service Provider Video Software Solutions business
- GIC on the disposal of its stake in an Irish telecoms operator Eir
- Macquarie (MIRA Funds), Allianz Capital Partners and the Finnish State Pension Fund on their €3.6 billion acquisition of Finnish power distributor Elenia Networks
- Permira on its acquisition of a stake in Swedish headquartered fintech company Klarna
- Cinven, Permira and Mid Europa Partners on their acquisition of Allegro Group, Poland’s leading online market place, from Naspers for US$3.253 billion
- USS on its acquisition of Moto