David is a Partner specialising in health and safety and product liability in our dispute resolution team.
David advises clients on all aspects of health and safety and product liability disputes and on regulatory compliance. He regularly assists clients following serious health and safety incidents, helping them to navigate the initial crisis management, investigations and prosecutions (including for health and safety offences and corporate manslaughter). David also represents clients in civil and regulatory disputes arising from allegedly defective or unsafe products. He has experience defending high-profile consumer class actions and handling multi-jurisdiction product recalls.
David is frequently instructed on matters that involve new or emerging technologies for which the regulatory frameworks are still developing.
David also handles high-value personal injury claims, including stress at work claims and claims that arise from health and safety or product incidents.
Clients quoted in Legal 500 have praised David's "excellent advice" and described him as "extremely thorough" and a "very good commercial thinker".
Experience & expertise
- Chevron in relation to the police and HSE investigation and civil claims following the explosion at its Pembroke refinery resulting in 4 fatalities
- a major OEM in relation to a class action concerning diesel NOx emissions in respect of approximately 330,000 vehicles
- BP in relation to civil claims following the In Amenas terrorist attack in Algeria in January 2013 in which 40 people were killed
- OEMs and technology companies in relation to product liability issues arising from connected and autonomous vehicle technologies and EV charging
- Diageo in relation to product liability issues arising from the distribution of Thalidomide in the late 1950s/early 1960s