Dave is a commercial litigator specialising in cross-border disputes.
He has acted in relation to court and arbitral proceedings in a range of domestic, offshore and multi-jurisdictional disputes.
Dave works with clients across various sectors and geographies, but has a particular focus on disputes work involving Russia and offshore litigation – including working with a global bank defending a multimillion-dollar claim in the Russian courts. He regularly advises on shareholder and joint venture disputes, fraud and economic torts, breaches of duty and complex contractual claims.
Experience & expertise
- a German bank in relation to a complex web of inter-related disputes alleging fraud in various jurisdictions, including obtaining anti-suit and freezing relief in Cyprus
- a leading Russian bank in connection with the recovery of up to US$200 million from a Russian company and its foreign affiliates and coordinating related interim relief proceedings for freezing injunctions in the British Virgin Islands and Cyprus
- a Russian investment vehicle in LCIA arbitration proceedings brought in relation to a shareholder dispute and conspiracy claims concerning a major Russian IT business, including successfully obtaining related freezing injunctions in Cyprus
- a Russian courier services company in an LCIA arbitration relating to a dispute arising under a share purchase agreement
- a manufacturing company whose former director set up a competing business in breach of obligation to the claimant