Consuelo is specialized in civil and commercial litigation, insurance law and criminal law. She has acted before Spanish Tribunals of all instances and jurisdictions and has broad experience in national and international arbitration proceedings.
Her experience also covers pre-contentious and contentious matters, including pre-litigation advice, negotiation of out of court settlements and rendering of opinions on a number of issues on matters related to intellectual and industrial property as well as unfair competition.
Consuelo's experience includes advising:
- a national leader telecommunications company on litigation connected to a breach of contract related to the supply of public network access and interconnectivity
- a top tier investment bank and its employees on a dispute related to unfair competition acts
- a prestigious international baby product company on a dispute derived from a breach of its industrial property rights
- an IBEX-35 company on civil and criminal proceedings against its directors for an alleged breach of its fiduciary duties and advise on its insurance policy cover.
- a leading Spanish toy manufacturing company on dispute related to the infringement of its trademark rights
- an IBEX-35 company on international arbitration proceedings, deriving from a dispute on product liability
- a national financial entity on proceedings deriving from an alleged breach of the agreement for the exclusive distribution of life insurance policies as a consequence of its merger with another financial entity
- a leading automotive company on a dispute related to a breach of contract for the supply of certain pieces to be used in the manufacturing process of certain car models
- an international insurance company on proceedings related to a corporate dispute in the US connected with the termination of a commercial agreement between two major communications companies.
- an international FMCG company on a dispute related to an alleged infringement of its trademark rights
- an international bank on litigation related to alleged misselling of financial instruments (preference shares, structured notes, IRS, etc.)
Consuelo holds a double degree in Law and Business Administration by the Universidad Autónoma of Madrid and a Master of Laws(LL.M) in Business Law by Instituto de Empresa (IE). Consuelo is fluent in Spanish, English and French.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Consuelo worked in other top tier law firms. She is a visiting lecturer in several seminars and a professor at University Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE).