Across 2021/2022 Clayton led the following M&A transactions:
- UGL/CIMIC on the acquisition of IAS Limited
- Liverpool Partners on the acquisition of Australian Beverage Corporation
- Liverpool Partners on the acquisition of Seven Miles Coffee
- CIMIC on the successful takeover of Divine Limited
- the merger of Paragon Care and Quantum HealthCare by way of scheme of arrangement
- IntelliHub (Pacific Equity Partners) on the auction and partial sell down to Brookfield Asset Management
- IntelliHub on the acquisition of GreenSync Limited
- take private acquisition of Mainstream by Apex (Genstar Capital) by way of scheme of arrangement
- SafetyCulture on the acquisition of SHEQSY
- Liverpool Partners on the acquisition of Padre Coffee
- Mr Yum on the acquisition of My Guest List
Clayton also advised on numerous VC capital raising, including Kasada, Truescope, Me& and Baymatob.
In his role as Co-head of the Australian Venture Capital practice, Clayton works regularly with founders, portfolio companies and investors across the full investment lifecycle.
Clayton holds a Bachelor of Laws with first class honours and a Bachelor of Commerce with honours from the University of Sydney. He is admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales.
Clayton is co-editor of Towns under Siege: Developments in Australian Takeovers and Schemes, a major book on Australian M&A.