Claudia is recognised for her ability to provide succinct and clear legal advice which is tailored to the needs of her clients. She is known for her efficiency and stakeholder management skills, and her strategic approach to complex legal problems and industrial disputes.
Claudia has a particular interest in the aviation industry, and is frequently involved in the preparation and running of contentious litigation in the Fair Work Commission and Federal courts. Claudia’s communication skills, enthusiasm and knowledge of her clients’ business enables her to seamlessly help clients to achieve first class outcomes.
Claudia assists clients with a range of employment and industrial relations matters, both in a litigious and general advisory context.
She has broad experience advising clients on the interpretation of industrial instruments, enterprise bargaining strategies and responses to industrial action. Claudia also provides practical advice and guidance on discrimination-related matters across a range of jurisdictions, Fair Work Act compliance, transfer of business issues and the management of individual employee related claims and issues.
Claudia’s recent experience has included assisting clients with:
- managing union right of entry matters and litigation
- award and enterprise agreement related matters and claims, including the resolution of disputes and enterprise agreement approval issues
- implementing creative enterprise agreement bargaining strategies, and the preparation of employee / bargaining representative communications
- a broad range of disputes including claims relating to unfair dismissal, adverse action, discrimination and anti-bullying applications
- issues around management and termination of employees disciplinary procedures, and the management of ill and injured employees
- litigation and investigations brought by the Fair Work Ombudsman
Claudia holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Public Communication). Claudia graduated with First Class Honours and Distinction. She is admitted to practise as a solicitor in the High Court of Australia, Federal Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of Victoria.