Clare's areas of expertise are building and construction law advice, litigation and all forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Having practised in leading Australian and European firms, Clare has advised a variety of principal, contractor, and government clients in the construction industry. Clare specialises in providing on-going, strategic advice to her clients during projects and has extensive experience with the litigation and arbitration of disputes, as well as adjudication under the security of payment legislation in Queensland and New South Wales.
Clare's experience includes:
- acting for a global mining company in a dispute involving a significant extension of time and latent condition claim including managing the contractual dispute process and engaging geotechnical experts
- acting for a global energy company in a dispute with a contractor including strategic advice, preparation of contractual notices and assistance with multiple security of payment claims
- advice to major UK company regarding structuring the settlement of a dispute involving multiple parties and Supreme Court proceedings for defective works and moneys owing
- acting for principals and contractors in pursuing and defending applications for injunctive relief to restrain the calling up of bank guarantees
- advice for a major energy company regarding recovery of monies paid for defective performance of work including mediation and negotiated resolution