Clare is an Australian qualified lawyer based in Singapore with general commercial experience and specialised technology, media and telecommunications experience acting for both private and public sector clients.
Clare's experience in the TMT space spans software licensing, data and IT outsourcing arrangements through to telecommunications infrastructure procurement projects, data centre acquisitions and SaaS and other digital solutions.
Clare also has experience in a broad range of corporate and general commercial transactions, assisting clients with general commercial agreements across a range of sectors.
Clare's experience spans the Australian and the South-East Asian markets as well as, more recently, her experience in the UK and includes advising clients on:
- IT outsourcing projects;
- media rights and associated distribution arrangements;
- managed services outsourcing and related integration and implementation services;
- software and other licensing arrangements;
- general commercial service and equipment supply and distribution arrangements;
- private acquisitions, divestment and associated corporate support processes;
- transitional services arrangements;
- general corporate governance work;
- public IT procurement projects; and
- data centre arrangements.
Clare's most recent experience includes advising:
- a UK public sector entity on the procurement of a telecommunications network using state-of-the-art WAN and LAN technology
- a large public sector client on the design, procurement and contractual framework for its major technology estate re-procurement and transformation programme
- a multinational digital company on its commercial contract work relating to telecoms infrastructure
- TSB and Sabadell jointly on the intra-group project for the migration of TSB from its existing IT services platform provided by Lloyds Banking Group onto a new, business-critical IT services platform provided by the Spanish and UK arms of Sabadell's in-house IT services company, Sabadell Information Systems
- Focus Features (NBC Universal's speciality motion picture subsidiary which specialises in the production, acquisition and distribution of content from rising and established talent and filmmakers, with a focus on independent and foreign films) in respect of drafting co-production and distribution agreements relating to film projects in Brazil
- a multinational company on its Olympic Games sponsorship agreement
- a multinational investment management company and its related group entities on the preparation, negotiation and finalisation of a range of commercial agreements for the supply of various goods and services across a number of different sites in its portfolio
Clare holds a Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) with a double major in Government & International Relations and French and a Juris Doctor from the University of Sydney. Clare is admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia.