Clare has over 10 years' experience advising on issues of validity and infringement of IP rights, including complex technical patents.
Her practice involves co-ordinating multi-jurisdictional IP litigation, managing matters to trial in the UK Patents Court and negotiating and drafting brand usage, co-existence and other IP licence and assignment agreements.
Clare's experience includes advising:
- Rockwool in its defence against comparative advertising, trade mark infringement and malicious falsehood proceedings of a DVD produced to demonstrate the fire safety of its competitor's insulation products
- IKOS in proceedings brought by a former director of the hedge fund asserting ownership of intellectual property used by IKOS and alleging infringement of copyright and database rights
- AbbVie in a number of multi-jurisdictional matters including its defence of High Court proceedings relating to its 'blockbuster' drug Humira
- Jaguar Land Rover in drafting a detailed licence agreement to enable branded lifestyle products to be sold in stand-alone stores and concessions through-out mainland China
- Kaketsuken on termination of a licence which was part of a set of agreements involving issues of estoppel and effective service of notice of termination.
Clare has a first class degree in Biological Science and has previously worked as a molecular geneticist. She was first admitted to practise in England and Wales in 2006.