Clément is used to handling complex litigation situations with high financial and/or reputational risks and all types of proceedings (proceedings on the merits, emergency/interlocutory actions, court-supervised expert investigations, mediation).
Clément acts for a wide variety of French and international clients. His practice encompasses a number of industry sectors such as banking, energy, chemicals, consumer products, construction, audit. He is regularly involved in disputes over large investments, enforcement of guarantees, post M&A transactions, product liability, insolvency and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards.
Clément appears and advocates cases before all French civil and commercial courts as well as the courts of Francophone Africa countries.
Clément has advised:
- an international bank in proceedings related to the distribution of dividends in breach of a pledge agreement in a pan-European insolvency context
- an international bank in relation to civil and regulatory aspects of claims by investors defrauded by third parties
- an investment fund in an action brought to obtain a price supplement provided for in a share purchase agreement
- a leading international chemicals company in a guarantees claim brought for environmental liability further to a transfer of assets
- a leading energy company further to the termination of a long-term gas supply agreement
Clément is a graduate from the University of Paris II law school and holds a Master of Laws in International Commercial Law from King’s College, London. He is a member of the Paris bar.
"Practice head Clément Dupoirier is ‘a formidable advocate’, who can ‘think outside the box’". Legal 500 EMEA 2014