Cindy's practice focuses on general commercial litigation and contentious financial regulatory matters, with experience in matters involving multi-jurisdiction disputes, economic tort, fraud and financial regulatory proceedings. Alongside her experience, Cindy has also advised clients on general banking and capital markets matters. Cindy also has experience in professional negligence claims, shareholder disputes and other high-value claims.
Cindy is fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese).
Cindy spent five months on secondment to the Legal Department (Consumer Banking Group) at DBS, where she handled consumer complaints, led innovative projects across various Asia Pacific jurisdictions, working with internal and external stakeholders.
Cindy has advised:
- successfully defending DBS in a US$185 million Hong Kong High Court action relating to fraudulent trading, dishonest assistance and knowing receipt before the High Court of Hong Kong, after a 15-day trial
- an electronic product manufacturer listed in the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong in connection with a cross-border dispute relating to disclosure of trade secrets and confidential information
- a global investment bank in relation to proceedings brought by the liquidators of a Chinese company previously listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong for potential liabilities arising from its sponsorship work in the IPO listing
- a leading Chinese private bank in defending mis-selling and misrepresentation allegations brought by a high net worth Chinese individual regarding over 140 highly complex structured investment products
- a co-executor and beneficiary of an estate of a prominent tycoon in High Court proceedings concerning assets worth billions of dollars
Cindy obtained her Bachelor of Laws with Honours (Class 1) and Postgraduate Certificate in Laws from the University of Hong Kong. She started as a trainee solicitor in Herbert Smith Freehills, and was seconded to our London office for six months. She was admitted as a solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong in 2018.
Cindy speaks English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese).