Christopher advises international – and especially U.S.-based – clients on their transactions in France. He works especially with clients on mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures with a special focus on transactions in OHADA law Africa jurisdictions and buyouts in insolvency situations as well as on financial products and services and regulatory issues.
Christopher had advised:
- CFAO (leader in specialized distribution in Africa) on its agreement with Wendel and FFC Future French Champions (a joint venture between CDC International Capital and Qatar Investment Authority) to develop the pan-African property company, SGI Africa
- the shareholders of the operator of Virgin Mobile in France (Virgin, Carphone Warehouse and Financom), on the sale to Numericable of 100% of the French mobile group Virgin Mobile France
- Farallon Capital Management LLC/Noonday Asset Management on the €1.25 billion acquisition of Financière SELEC from LBO France RREEF
- CDC and its subsidiary CDC Climat on the establishment of a joint venture with the Solvay group for the production of steam and electricity at Solvay group sites
- Etablissement Maurel & Prom for its merger with another Euronext listed company, MPI
Christopher holds a DESS and a DJCE (post-graduate degrees) in international business law from the University of Aix en Provence and a magistère (selective master's degree) in business law, also from the University of Aix en Provence.
Christopher Theris holds dual French and U.S. nationality.