Chris has a broad general commercial litigation practice encompassing contractual disputes, partnership disputes, defamation and reputation management, misuse of confidential information and insolvency and restructuring. His work primarily includes complex litigation and investigations in which he acts both for companies and individuals.
Chris' recent work includes advising on cases involving fraud, alleged unlawful conspiracies, breach of duty and reputational issues including in relation to parliamentary and regulatory inquiries.
In the area of reputation management, Chris regularly works on instructions ranging from pre-publication advice to litigation. He is listed as a Key Lawyer in the area of Reputation Management in Legal 500 UK 2022.
Chris' experience includes advising:
- an individual and a company in relation to a high-value claim of fraudulent misrepresentation made in respect of a significant construction project
- certain directors of the Stobart Group in relation to defamation and malicious falsehood claims made against them by one of Stobart Group's former directors
- certain of the former directions of Carillion in relation to the insolvency of the Carillion Group including the subsequent Insolvency Service and other investigations and inquiries
- Bell Pottinger in conducting an independent investigation into its account for Oakbay, a South African conglomerate
- a number of corporations in respect of the publication of false and misleading information.