Christophe, who is qualified in France and leads our Paris infrastructure practice, has 30 years of experience advising on the construction and financing of large-scale energy and other infrastructure projects in France, Europe and the emerging markets, notably Africa.
Christophe's experience spans the entire project lifecycle and includes negotiations between public authorities, builders, operators and financial institutions.
Christophe is ranked as a leading lawyer for Projects & Energy – International by Chambers Global 2019, which quotes a client as stating that Christophe "has a very good view of what industrial partners expect. He is pragmatic, responsive and he understands our approach." He is also ranked as a leading lawyer for Regulatory and Public Law (Energy) by Legal 500 EMEA 2019.
Christophe is a native French speaker and is fluent in English.
Prior to his joining the firm, Christophe worked at French construction giant Bouygues Travaux Publics, where he held the position of General Counsel for eleven years. He also previously worked at Veolia Environment.
Christophe’s experience includes advising:
- EDF, International Finance Corporation and Government of Cameroon on the development and financing of the Nachtigal Hydroelectric Project (420MW) in Cameroon (Multilateral Deal of the Year 2018, PFI Awards; African Power Deal of the Year 2018, IJGlobal Awards)
- Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations on the financing for the construction, operation and maintenance of a high speed train line between Paris (Gare de l'Est) and CDG Roissy Airport (CDG Express project)
- the Lenders to the successful bidding consortium comprising Cintra, Macquarie and Porr, on the financing, construction and operation of the Slovak D4 Highway and R7 Expressway PPP (European Road Deal of the Year 2016, IJGlobal Awards)
- VINCI Airports and Vinci Concessions on its response to the tender by Saint Lucia Sea and Air Ports Authority to select a Concessionaire to finance, operate, maintain, redevelop and expand the Hewanorra International Airport
- Marguerite Fund on its investment in the FTTH (Fiber-to-the-Home) concession project in Alsace (France (European Telecoms Deal of the Year 2016, IJGlobal Awards)