Christon's expertise covers the full range of EU and UK competition law. He has advised clients on some of the most complex and high profile competition matters in a wide range of sectors.
Christon has extensive experience in competition litigation across Europe, including advising on claims issued in the High Court of England & Wales and the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal. His experience also includes advising clients on key strategic transactions, regulatory investigations and general compliance advice. In particular, Christon has advised on a number of Phase 2 merger investigations before the European Commission and the CMA.
Christon has been recognised as a Future Leader by Global Competition Review and by Who’s Who Legal in their 2019 and 2020 publications.
Christon's experience includes advising:
- a truck manufacturer on their pan-European defence of damages actions arising out of the European Commission's Trucks investigation.
- Telefónica UK and SA on the European Commission's Phase II investigation into the proposed £10.25 billion sale of O2 to Hutchison Whampoa (the owner of Three in the UK); on the competition law aspects of O2's network sharing arrangements with Vodafone; and acting as a third party in the CMA's merger inquiry into the acquisition of EE by BT.
- Arriva on the CMA's Phase 2 investigation into its award of the Northern Rail Franchise.
- Virgin Atlantic on the regulatory aspects of its multi-award winning Heathrow airport landing slots securitisation.
- a confidential client on potential litigation in the High Court or CAT by an agent relating to changes to the client's distribution policy.