Christine is an experienced commercial litigator, with specialist expertise in defending class actions, particularly securities claims.
Christine regularly advises ASX200 and multinational companies across a variety of sectors on managing class action risks. She has acted in several of the most high-profile class actions in Australia, and is one of the few practitioners with trial experience in both shareholder and product liability class actions.
She frequently presents on class actions topics and has published numerous articles on class action issues in Australian and international forums.
Her experience includes assisting:
- Worley in the first successful defence of a shareholder class action in Australia where the Federal Court dismissed the claims against Worley with costs regarding allegations relating to Worley’s FY14 earnings guidance (currently under appeal)
- BHP in defending shareholder class actions arising from the Samarco incident
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia in defending shareholder class actions in connection with civil penalty proceedings brought by AUSTRAC
- Toyota Motor Corporation Australia in a product liability class action arising from allegedly defective Takata airbag inflators
- Johnson & Johnson in a product liability class action in respect of hip replacement prostheses, culminating in a 19 week trial in the Federal Court of Australia
- National Australia Bank in a shareholder class action in respect of its exposure to CDOs
Christine holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Commerce from the University of New South Wales, as well as a Master of Laws from New York University, where she focused on complex litigation and advocacy. She is the recipient of the 2016 NYU School of Law Charles D. Klein ’63 Prize (LLM) for demonstrated excellence in combining the analysis of legal issues and business issues.
Christine was recognised as a Next Generation Partner in the Dispute Resolution: Class Actions category in the Legal 500 Guide 2021 and as a Rising Star in the same category in the Legal 500 Guide 2020.