Christine has arbitration and public international law experience from Asia, Europe and the United States. She has clerked for arbitrators in investment arbitrations, represented commercial clients up to the appellate level in courts, and performed counsel work in international arbitrations, multi-jurisdictional enforcement and law of the sea proceedings. She has worked on arbitrations involving states and state-related entities, and currently advises and represents financial institutions and multi-national corporations.
Her experience includes advising:
- an upstream oil and gas company in an SIAC commercial arbitration relating to a joint venture in offshore oil and gas reserves
- a multinational energy company in AAA-ICDR commercial arbitration in Latin America
- a distribution company from the Middle East in an ICC commercial arbitration against an Asian state-owned entity
- a multi-national hospitality company in an ICC commercial arbitration in the Middle East
- a major telecommunications company on crisis management arising from a government coup in Asia
- a non-governmental organisation on an international study of risks and protections relating to the media
- State entities on stabilisation clauses and international investment treaty protections in a major crude oil refinery project in Asia
- a pharmaceutical company on investment treaty protections
- acting as tribunal secretary in an UNCITRAL arbitration between a European investor and an African state*
- assisting arbitrators with administrative case management in a mediation between a European investor and an Asian state, an ICSID arbitration between a North-American corporation and a Latin American state, and an ICSID arbitration between a European company and an Eastern European state*
- assisting the court-appointed amicus in Singapore courts in investment disputes involving African and Asian states*
- advising a European state on multi-jurisdictional enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards*
- representing insurers, construction companies and government agencies in Singapore court litigation*
*indicates experiences acquired at a previous firm.
Christine is admitted to the Supreme Court of Singapore as an advocate and solicitor, admitted to the New York State bar, a certified member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a certified tribunal secretary of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC). She also holds a Master in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS) from the Institut de hautes études internationales et du développement and University of Geneva.
Apart from being a native English speaker, Christine also works in Chinese and French.