Chris specialises in limited recourse financing and project development and has considerable experience advising on new greenfields developments, refinancings, private public partnerships, acquisitions and privatisations in all major sectors, including power and water, renewables, oil and gas, transport and social infrastructure.
He advises borrowers and lenders on a range of debt products including commercial bank debt, export credit, development bank finance and Shari'ah compliant financings.
Chris’ experience includes:
- advising international developers and their supporting lenders on bids for recent and current renewable energy tenders in the Middle East, including the Amin Solar IPP in Oman, DEWA CSP Project in Dubai, Sweihan Solar PV Project in Abu Dhabi, and Al Abdaliyah Integrated Solar Combined Cycle Project in Kuwait
- advising an international developer on its bid for the Noor Abu Dhabi Street Lighting PPP Project in the UAE
- advising the lenders to an international consortium on its bid for the 45 MIGD reverse osmosis desalination project in Umm al-Quwain, UAE
- advising an international developer on the project financing of a 220MW gas fired power station in Bangladesh
- advising an international developer on the project financing of a 50MW solar project in Egypt as part of round 2 of Egypt's feed-in-tariff programme
- advising the mandated lead arranger on a US$250 million Shari'ah compliant facility for a Middle East sovereign borrower
- advising on several infrastructure PPP projects in Australia (including the successful bidding consortia for the East West Link PPP, New Bendigo Hospital PPP and Northern Territory Correctional Facilities PPP) and power projects (including the project financing of the 240MW Diamantina Power Project, the 50MW Moree Solar Farm and the $1.1 billion refinancing of Loy Yang B Power Station)
- advised the export credit agencies and commercial lenders on the US$20 billion financing of the Ichthys LNG Project