Charlie advises clients across a wide variety of commercial property transactions including developments, portfolio sales and acquisitions, financings, and the full range of asset management work for both landlord and tenant. Clients Charlie acts for range from property professionals at institutional landlords and UK plcs to corporate occupiers taking their first lease. He has worked in our overseas office in Paris and in house as part of a client's legal team, both of which have given him a strong grasp of what clients want from their legal advisors as well as an ability to identify what legal issues really matter to different clients. The breadth of his work means he is able to consider issues from all sides and advise accordingly.
Charlie also regularly advises clients at the firm's pro bono legal advice clinic in Whitechapel on mainly contentious matters ranging from housing to employment and has successfully represented clients in court.
Charlie's experience includes advising:
- Travis Perkins on three sale and leaseback portfolios with properties at various stages of development
- AXA REIM on the financing of a London office building
- Royal Mail Group in connection with its 14 acre mixed use development site in Nine Elms, Vauxhall
- Aberdeen Standard Investments (formerly Standard Life Investments) on the sale of multiple properties including London offices and both single and multi-let retail sites
- Kennedy Wilson on the acquisition of a £300 million property portfolio
- multiple investment funds on a full range of asset management matters across their property portfolios
Charlie graduated from the University of Edinburgh with an MA (Hons) in English Literature before returning to London to begin his career as a solicitor.