Charles has experience on a wide range of complex cross-border transactions in the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors. His experience includes advising clients on acquisitions and sales, joint ventures, project development, procurement and construction contracts, commercial and shipping agreements as well as general corporate and commercial matters.
In particular, Charles advises clients on their investment and development in the oil and gas, LNG, renewable and power sectors, and has experience throughout the upstream acquisition, field development, production, transportation, storage and distribution.
Charles' experience includes advising:
- Mitsubishi Corporation and Diamond Generating Asia in relation to its investment into the 600MW onshore windfarm located in Laos with capacity to sell on electricity to Vietnam
- Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners and Swancor Renewables in relation to the development Formosa 4 and Formosa 5 offshore wind farm in Taiwan with the generation capacity of 4.4 GW
- Woodside Energy and its joint venture partners in relation to the development and project financing of an FPSO for the Sangomar Project, offshore Senegal
- Sumitomo Corporation on its joint venture investment to provide an FPSO to Petrobras for the use in Marlin-2 Field, offshore Brazil
- Brookfield Business Partners on its purchase of nuclear assets in Westinghouse Electric Company for approximately US$4.6 billion from Toshiba Corporation
- China National Oil and Gas Exploration and Development Company (CNODC) on its investment in a 10% stake in Novatek's Arctic LNG 2 project
- ENN Ecological Holdings Co. Ltd on its proposed billion-dollar acquisition of a 20-year liquefaction tolling arrangement with Texas-based Freeport LNG from Toshiba Corporation
Charles graduated from the University of Manchester with first class honours degree in law and subsequently completed the Master of Laws at the University College London.