Charles is an associate in the Projects and Project Finance division. He joined our Dubai office in 2020 and has experience acting for borrowers, lenders, developers and operators across a range of projects.
- an international developer in respect of its financing arrangements and subsequent EPC contract for the construction of a new wind farm in Ukraine*
- an international oil company on the potential corporate structures for an acquisition of a participating interest in an oil prospecting licence contract in Nigeria*
- Mass Rapid Transport on the preparation of a contract suite for the tender of a new underground rail line in Kuala Lumpur*
- Mass Rapid Transit on the conversion of an existing arrangement with a project delivery partner into a turnkey arrangement in relation to Line 2 of the Klang Valley MRT system in Kuala Lumpur*
- a confidential government body on the preparation of the front end contract for the upgrade of a major tube line
- an international developer on a £500m office scheme in the City of London*
- an international developer on a £850m mixed use regeneration project in Edinburgh, Scotland*
- an institutional investor on the re-development of a mixed use urban site utilising the construction management procurement route*
Acquisitions & Sales
- an Institutional Investor on their first UK commercial property market acquisition via the purchase of a £100m sub-participation stake from an existing lender*
- an Asian bank in a £120 million facility secured by a prime London office building
- an institutional investor on the acquisition of a mixed office and commercial building in the City of London for circa £100m*
- a state operator on the review of concessionaire agreements for the potential construction and subsequent operation of theme park concessions in Hong Kong*
- a confidential client on the strategic procurement and implementation of a new city development in Saudi Arabia
Bars and Courts
- Admitted as a Solicitor of Senior Courts of England and Wales, year admitted 2018
- King's College London, Ancient History BA.
- BPP Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law 2014-2015.
- BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course 2015-2016.
*Denotes experience prior to joining HSF