Charles has significant experience advising Korean and multinational clients on Korea-related cross-border M&A transactions and general corporate matters across a broad range of geographies and sectors, including technology, entertainment, energy and consumer products. Charles has also advised on various capital markets transactions including equity and debt offerings.
Charles is recognised as a Rising Star for Corporate and M&A: Foreign Firms (South Korea) in Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2020), and as a Next Generation Lawyer (2017-2019).
Charles' experience includes advising:
- Samsung Electronics on its US$1.4 billion sale of its hard disk drive (HDD) business to Seagate Technology, a NASDAQ-listed manufacturer of HDD and storage solutions
- UTC Investment on its acquisition of a leading Southeast Asian technology company and on its sale of Markpro, the leading Korean IP services provider, to CPA Global
- A major Korean fund on numerous global investments
- A large Asian technology company on the establishment of business operations in Southeast Asia
- Goldman Sachs as sole global coordinator on the IPO and listing of STX OSV on the Singapore Exchange and as sole bookrunner on the US$200 million convertible bond offering by STX Pan Ocean
Charles received his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School and a bachelor's degree in economics and international relations, with distinction, from Stanford University.