Charles advises companies from major international corporations, start-ups and investment banks on capital markets transactions in the UK, the rest of Europe and worldwide, including initial public offerings, rights issues and secondary market offerings, share placings, convertible bonds, global depositary receipts and stock exchange listings.
- Allied Irish Banks - IPO and €13 billion Irish and London Stock Exchange listings
- Energean Oil & Gas – IPO and £695 million listing on the London Stock Exchange (for the banks)
- Enerjisa Enerjı A.Ş. – IPO and TL1.48billion (US$393million) listing on Borsa Istanbul (for the banks)
- Aldermore Group – IPO and £651 million London Stock Exchange listing
- TSB Banking Group - £1.3 billion IPO and Listing on the London Stock Exchange
- Kennedy Wilson Europe Real Estate - £1 billion IPO and listing on the London Stock Exchange
- Damac Real Estate Development Limited – IPO and US$348 million London Stock Exchange listing and subsequent exchange offer for shares in Damac Properties Co. PJSC and admission to trading on the DFM
Rights issue and placings
- Lonmin – US$817 million rights issue and related renegotiation of its existing debt facilities
- Lonmin – $400 million rights issue and $370 million debt facilities renegotiation
- Bank of Ireland – €4.35 billion capital raising by way of a €1.9 billion rights issue (underwritten by the Irish State) and a liability management exercise (for the banks)
- Bank of Ireland - €1.885 billion rights issue and €500 million firm institutional placing as part of its €3.4 billion capital raising
- Kennedy Wilson Europe Real Estate - £350 million firm placing and placing and open offer
- CVC Credit Partners European Opportunities – placing and £91.93 million listing on the London Stock Exchange
- Intu Properties - £500 million rights issue in connection with the acquisition of 3 properties
Mergers and Acquisitions
- British American Tobacco - $49.4 billion merger with Reynolds American
- London Stock Exchange Group plc and Deutsche Börse AG - recommended all-share merger of equals
Equity linked capital markets
- convertible bonds, including General de Alquiler de Maquinaria, ASM International, BE Semiconductor Industries, Sol Melia, Getronics, lastminute.com
" very level-headed, commercial and very collaborative"
Chambers UK 2018
"a go-to partner for large deals"
Chambers UK 2017
Charles is praised for his "attention to detail and delivery of documentation"
Chambers UK 2017
"He is very intelligent and is one of those lawyers who will give you a firm answer"
Chambers UK 2016