Cecilia advises on national and international arbitrations pursuant to a variety of institutional rules, as well as on ad-hoc arbitrations and civil and commercial litigations. She has experience in disputes relating to construction, engineering, energy, foreign investment, banking and insurance.
Cecilia is qualified to practice law in Spain and France.
Cecilia's experience includes:
- an international concession and construction group on the dispute with an Algerian oil & gas company in relation to the construction of the Oran's Convention Centre, Algeria
- a Mexican construction company on an ICC arbitration against a Bolivian infrastructure state-owned company for the undue and illegal termination of a FIDIC contract in relation to the construction of a motorway in Bolivia
- a Spanish construction company on an investment treaty dispute relating to an agreement to award a contract for the construction of housing in Algeria
- a Spanish construction group on an international SIAC arbitration against a Nepalese public entity regarding a construction contract for the extension of Kathmandu airport
- international insurers from London, US and Bermuda on a settlement agreement arising from a potential claim under a liquidated damages insurance programme related to a solar power plant project in the US
Cecilia has a double degree in Law and Financial Markets from the Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles in Madrid. She further continued her studies in France and holds a LL.M. in International Business Law from Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II). She is a native Spanish speaker and is fluent in English and French.
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Cecilia also worked for other leading law firms in Paris. She is also qualified to practice as a lawyer in France, after passing the Paris Bar in May 2013.