Caroline has been practising in the transport sector for over 10 years.
In the aviation sector, Caroline has acted for export credit agencies, financial institutions, lessors and security trustees, with a focus on finance and leasing.
Caroline was selected as a "Rising Star" by Aviation Finance Journal (AFJ) in 2016, which recognises the most talented associates in the aviation finance sector worldwide. AFJ highlighted Caroline’s extensive work on major export credit agency financings including advising on transactions involving Coface, UK Export Finance, SEK and Sace.
In the rail sector, Caroline built her expertise by spending three years from 2009 to 2012 working as in-house counsel at a leading UK rolling stock leasing company, Eversholt Rail.
Caroline's experience includes advising:
- a French bank, as lender, agent and security trustee, in relation to the financing of 1 Boeing 787-9 aircraft operated by a leading airline in the Middle East
- a Japanese lender in relation to a Japanese operating lease of 1 Airbus A321-200 operated by a European flag carrier
- Macquarie Bank, as arranger, and the investors on a first of its kind capital markets transaction which allows Virgin Atlantic to raise capital through a private placement of bonds secured by a portfolio of take-off and landing slots at London Heathrow Airport*
- UK Export Finance and Export Development Canada on the financing of up to 10 CS300 aircraft for Korean Air Lines*
- BPI France and Sace, on the financing of 6 ATR aircraft delivered to a Swedish airline, with commercial financing provided by Deutsche Bank and Credit Agricole*
- Nacco on the acquisition of a fleet of freight wagons from Express Wagon and Tatravagonka and the leasing of the fleet to Deutsche Bahn*
* experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills