Caroline is an associate in our corporate team. During her time at Herbert Smith Freehills she has played an integral part in advising a number of our key clients on some of the most high profile and strategic transactions in the market. Caroline offers commercial and pragmatic advice, having spent a year on secondment to the Mergers & Acquisitions team at the global insurance broker Willis Towers Watson, where she worked on a variety of acquisitions, divestments and joint ventures across multiple jurisdictions.
Caroline speaks French, Spanish, German and Welsh.
Caroline's experience includes advising:
- Willis Towers Watson on a variety of M&A and joint venture projects, including the sale of its businesses across Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Chad, DRC, Guinea, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Niger, Sierra Leone and Togo to ASK Gras Savoye
- British American Tobacco on its $49.4 billion recommended offer for Reynolds American to create the world's largest listed tobacco company
- British American Tobacco on its acquisition of various tobacco, intellectual property and retail assets across Eastern Europe from Fabrika Duhana Sarajevo
- UK Finance on the creation of a new financial services trade body through the merger of six existing trade associations including the British Bankers' Association and the Council of Mortgage Lenders
- Tandem, a FinTech company, on various equity and debt fundraising rounds including a planned £35 million equity investment by the Sanpower Group
Caroline has a First Class Honours in European Social and Political Studies from University College London, having completed a year abroad at the Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po) as part of her degree.