Carol was formerly a partner and was co-head of our Corporate Governance Advisory team from 2012-2018. She has extensive experience and technical expertise in corporate law, corporate governance and listed company regulation. Her role in analysing new law and regulation has ensured that the firm is at the forefront of corporate law and practice. Carol has supported organisations such as ICSA and GC100 on governance issues, she participates in a range of industry working groups and is a well-known speaker on corporate governance matters.
Carol is on the advisory board for Gore Browne on Companies and regularly contributes to other company law and corporate governance publications.
Carol's experience includes advising:
- on the application of the UK Corporate Governance Code, including annual disclosures, board membership and board committee terms of reference
- in relation to annual reporting, auditors and audit tenders, annual general meetings and meeting procedures
- on the application and requirements of the stakeholder reporting requirements, such as modern slavery, gender pay gap and payment practices reporting
- on compliance with the continuing disclosure obligations under the Market Abuse Regulation and the UK listing regime including on inside information, dealings by directors and senior managers and the interests of significant shareholders
- on directors' duties in practice,, directors' conflicts of interest and deeds of indemnities for directors