Carol has extensive experience of corporate and corporate finance transactions and has particular technical expertise in corporate law, corporate governance and listed company regulation. Carol's expertise includes advising on company meetings, corporate reporting, the UK Corporate Governance Code, continuing obligations under the Listing Rules and Transparency Rules, the Market Abuse Regulation, directors' duties and board and committee procedures. Her role includes analysing new law and regulation and ensuring that the firm is at the forefront of corporate law and practice.
Carol is a member of a number of the Law Society Company Law working parties. She is also a member of the Advisory Board for Gore-Browne on Companies and a contributor to Buckley on the Companies Act.
Carol's advisory and technical credentials includes:
- advising a range of listed company clients on corporate law issues -including company meetings, corporate reporting, articles of association, continuing obligations under the Listing Rules and Transparency Rules, the Market Abuse Regulation, directors' duties, corporate governance, the Companies Act 2006 and a variety of contract law issues
- Herbert Smith Guide to the Companies Act 2006 - principal editor and contributor
- ICSA working groups - a member of the ICSA working groups responsible for the ICSA guidance on electronic communications and on proxies and corporate representatives
- ICSA guides - author of the chapter on Directors as Shareholders in the ICSA Directors' Handbook and contributor to the ICSA Practical Guide to the UK Listing Regime
- Hannigan and Prentice: The Companies Act 2006, A Commentary - author of the chapter on Shareholder communications, resolutions and meetings
- Buckley on the Companies Acts - contributor of commentary on Part 21 of the Companies Act 2006 (Certification and transfer of securities)
- Gore Browne on Companies - member of the Advisory Board
- City of London Law Society Company Law Committee - Chair of the CREST working party and member of the Listing Rules and corporate governance working parties