Carmen holds a strong international background which allows her to improve her communication with clients and to anticipate their needs and demands.
Carmen's experience includes:
- Trilantic Capital Partners on the €100 million financing granted by a syndicate of financial entities for the acquisition of Pachá group and the partial refinancing of its existing debt
- Magnum Industrial Partners on the €50.3 million financing granted for the acquisition (LBO) of Grupo Barbel, a group of companies involved in the production of siliconized papers used in adhesive labels and envelopes amongst others.
- First State Investments on the €187 million financing granted by Caixabank, S.A. for the acquisition of Parkia, a Spanish parking network
- A syndicate of financial entities led by Société Générale on the €200 million financing granted to The Carlyle Group for the acquisition of Cupire Padesa, a worldwide leading company in natural slate
- Magnum Industrial Partners on the €90 million refinancing of the financial indebtedness of Grupo Iberchem, a group of companies involved in the production of fragrances and flavours, granted by a syndicate of financial entities led by Natixis
Carmen has a degree in Law and a diploma in International Legal Studies by the Pontifical University of Comillas in Madrid (ICADE) and partially studied at L'Université Libre de Bruxelles (Brussels). She also holds a double LL.M. in Corporate Law from IE Law School.
In addition to Spanish as her native language, Carmen is bilingual in English, fluent in French and has a limited proficiency in Mandarin.
Before joining the firm as a Junior Associate, she completed a 5 months full-time internship as a trainee lawyer in the Madrid office of Herbert Smith Freehills and a 4 month full-time internship in a Chinese law firm in Shanghai.