Calvin regularly advises clients in relation to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and investment fund matters. His practice covers on a broad range of complex, cross-border corporate transactions in the wider Middle East and Asia-Pacific regions.
He is currently based in the Herbert Smith Freehills' Dubai office. Before relocating to Dubai in 2016, Calvin was a lawyer in Herbert Smith Freehills' award-winning Sydney public M&A team.
Calvin's experience includes advising:
- Claris Lifesciences on the UAE aspects of the USD625 million sale of its sterile injectables business to US-based healthcare group, Baxter International, Inc.
- UGL’s response to CIMIC’s A$525 million takeover bid
- oOh!media on its proposed A$1.6 billion merger with APN Outdoor
- Fairfax Media on the A$200 merger of its radio network with Macquarie Radio Network
- RES Australia on corporate aspects of the A$450 million 240MW Ararat wind farm project
Calvin holds a Bachelor of Laws ( First Class Honours) and a Bachelor of Art History and Theory from the University of New South Wales. Calvin is admitted to practise in New South Wales, Australia and is a registered legal consultant in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.