Caitlin specialises in advising clients on corporate acquisitions (including cross-border M&A transactions), disposals, corporate reorganisations and other general corporate issues. She also has experience advising private equity houses, their portfolio companies and management teams on buy outs and disposals.
Caitlin's recent experience includes:
- Press Association on numerous acquisitions including the sale of MeteoGroup to General Atlantic and undertook a secondment to Press Association*
- Caledonia Investments on the sale of their majority stake in TGE Marine AG in Germany to Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding Co*
- Cofresco Frischhalteprodukte, a subsidiary of German company Melitta Group, on the acquisition of Wrap Film Holdings from Growth Capital Partners*
- Enterprise-Rent-A-Car, the world's largest vehicle rental business on the acquisition of City Car Club, the UK's biggest independent car sharing company*
- Montefiore Investment and Homair Vacances SA on the acquisition of Eurocamp Limited from Holidaybreak Limited, a subsidiary of Cox & Kings*
* Experience prior to joining HSF in October 2016
Caitlin holds a BA History degree from the University of Leeds and an LLB from the College of Law (London). Caitlin worked at a city firm in London before joining Herbert Smith Freehills' Johannesburg office.