Caitlin specialises in advising clients on corporate acquisitions (including cross-border M&A transactions), disposals, corporate reorganisations and other general corporate issues. She also has experience advising private equity houses, their portfolio companies and management teams on buy outs and disposals. She also has significant experience advising lenders and borrowers in relation to loan financings.
Caitlin's recent experience includes:
- Diageo on the disposal of United National Breweries, its sorghum beer business in South Africa, to Delta Corporation Limited
- Lagardère on its disposal of 20% of radio business Jacaranda FM and 49% of multi-media sales house Mediamark for an estimated price of ZAR 263 million
- The Weir Group on the South African elements of the sale of their Flow Control division
- Provided multinational companies with advice on marketing foreign securities in South Africa
- TomTom Africa and TomTom South Africa on various corporate matters
- Sberbank in relation to a EUR 646 million and RUB 22 billion dual-tranche loan facility to a Russian real estate developer
- Standard Chartered Bank and Standard Bank in relation to a USD 500 million bridge loan facility for the Republic of Ghana in relation to its 2019 Eurobond issuance which raised USD 3 billion
- VTB in relation to the restructuring of USD 1 billion of debt incurred by the holding companies of En+ and Rusal (ongoing)
Caitlin holds a BA History degree from the University of Leeds and an LLB from the College of Law (London). Caitlin worked at a city firm in London before joining Herbert Smith Freehills' Johannesburg office.