Cyril Boulignat is a Partner in the Corporate department in Paris.
Cyril is a member of the corporate team based in our Paris office. He advises and assists clients on a wide range of public and private domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and capital markets transactions.
He has a significant experience in private M&A and private equity transactions, and also regularly advises clients on renewable energy, infrastructure, and TMT transactions.
- “Cyril Boulignat has in-depth expertise in M&A tools, he is relevant in the context of negotiations and the drafting of complex agreements. He knows how to make himself available, shows great pragmatism.” Legal 500 EMEA 2022 (Corporate/M&A)
- “Cyril and Frédéric are two trustworthy lawyers, who assisted us with great efficiency in a spirit of construction and always sympathetic." Legal 500 EMEA 2022 (Corporate/M&A)
- “Cyril Boulignat: perfect knowledge of M&A, great effort and availability, client-oriented.” Legal 500 EMEA 2020
- “Of counsel Cyril Boulignat is also recommended.” Legal 500 EMEA 2020
Cyril joined the Paris office in 2015 after having worked for more than seven years in two American law firms.
Cyril graduated from ESSEC Business School and also holds a DESS in Corporate Tax Law from Paris-Dauphine University.
He was admitted to the Paris bar in 2008 and speaks English fluently.
Experience & expertise
- LBOF Securities International, a private equity firm controlled by LBO France Gestion, in relation to its acquisition of a majority stake in CGF Bourse, a management and intermediation company based in Dakar
- Amarenco, a Franco-Irish company specialising in photovoltaic energy, on a new round of capital raising for an amount of €300 million to support its growth as a solar IPP and storage energy player
- Air Liquide, the world leader in gases, technologies and services for industry and health, in relation to the sale of its French liquid natural gas distribution business to the Spanish company Molgas, the European market leader in the distribution of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- CFC - Compagnie Française de Croisières, a new start-up that relaunches cruises "à la française", for a premium clientele, as part of the launch of this new key player in the French tourism landscape
- Nexity, France’s leading integrated real estate group, on the signature of an agreement to acquire a 55% stake in the capital of the Angelotti group, the regional leader in property development and urban planning in Occitania in the south of France with the remaining shares being held by the company's managers
- ENGIE on the negotiation and implementation of a consortium with Crédit Agricole Assurances to acquire Eolia Renovables, one of Spain's largest renewable energy producers, from the Canadian fund Alberta Investment Management Corporation and the minority shareholders
- PT Akuo Energy Indonesia, a subsidiary of the Akuo group, a leading independent global renewable energy power producer and developer, on its entry into a joint venture with Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP), through Copenhagen Infrastructure New Markets Fund I, for developing over 400 MW of renewable energy projects in Indonesia
- Cellnex, Europe’s leading operator of wireless telecommunications infrastructures, on its €5.2bn acquisition of French Towers Hivory from Altice France and Starlight Holdco (KKR), accompanied by an additional investment of €0.9 billion over the next 8 years (up until 2029) for the roll-out of 2,500 new sites