Conor is a Senior Manager in the ALT Real Estate and Construction team and leads the ALT Construction practice.
Conor has extensive experience in contentious and non-contentious construction. He works closely with our clients, our wider ALT team, and our Construction and Real Estate teams in London to evolve existing services and develop new product offerings.
Conor's non-contentious construction experience includes advising clients on the construction aspects of corporate and real estate transactions and drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts. His experience in contentious construction ranges from small claims and adjudications to multinational litigation and arbitration.
Conor is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese having studied languages and lived in Spain and Chile before moving to London to study law. He trained and worked at a London City firm before joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2017. Conor is dual qualified in England and Wales and in Northern Ireland.
Experience & expertise
- advising on the construction aspects of logistics assets acquisitions, including the UK’s largest industrial real estate acquisition on record
- advising on £60 million office refurbishment works in Bristol
- advising on student accommodation refurbishment works in central London
- acting on behalf of a state-owned oil company in relation to claims arising from the construction of a $500 million ultra-low sulphur diesel refinery
- acting on behalf of a professional consultant against allegations of wrongful certification of interim payment applications relating to a $20 billion construction project in Oman.