Claire is Co-Head of our Australian VC practice and a tech M&A specialist.
- acting for both Founders and investors in early-stage funding rounds, from pre-seed to Series C and beyond;
- private M&A transactions, including acquisitions for growth, platform acquisitions and competitive sale processes;
- complex M&A transactions, including carve-out deals; and
- public M&A transactions, including takeover bids and schemes of arrangement.
Claire was a winner of the M&A category in the 2016 Lawyers' Weekly "30 under 30".
Claire has a double degree Bachelor of Laws (honours) / Bachelor of Arts from the University of Melbourne.
Claire is admitted to practice in New South Wales and Victoria.
Experience & expertise
- Delegate Connect (now Joyn) on its Series Seed, led by AirTree
- Dovetail Research on its Series Seed, led by Felicis Ventures and Series A, led by Accel
- SafetyCulture on its Series C2, led by Insight
- Finder on its Series A, led by Future Now Capital
- NAB Ventures on various investments, including leading Spriggy’s Series B, Athena Home Loans, Edstart, Active Pipe, BrickX, Basiq, Medipass and Data Republic
- Optal Limited on its acquisition by WEX Inc, jointly with eNett
- National Australia Bank on its acquisition of Citi’s Australian consumer business