Chris is a partner in the Projects group in Dubai.
With two decades of experience successfully completing major infrastructure projects around the globe, Chris brings a wealth of experience across a diverse range of sectors. These include energy, transport, infrastructure and construction. He has worked extensively throughout the Middle East as well as in Africa and Europe. Chris provides strong regional insight as a result of his in-depth local and international knowledge.
Chris previously worked for the National Centre for Privatization in Saudi Arabia where he advised on the delivery of PPP and Privatization projects in the water, energy, waste, real estate, transport, healthcare, infrastructure, ports and aviation sectors.
Chris is regularly ranked by the leading legal directories such as Chambers Global and Legal 500. Recent accolades include:
- "Praised for his knowledge of financial documents in the region."
Legal 500 2018
- "Acclaimed by clients for his work in project financing. He has advised on a variety of projects, including energy, waste treatment and IWPs."
Chambers Global 2018
- "It was astonishing how this guy knows the market."
Chambers Global 2017
- Christopher Cross is known for his projects and infrastructure expertise. He has experience leading matters throughout the region and impressed sources say he is "strong on the legal side, as well as being very commercially aware"
Chambers Global 2016
Admitted as Solicitor to the Supreme Court of England and Wales.
Experience & expertise
- a major Saudi entity in respect of utilities outsourcing including waste, power and water
- the sponsors in relation to their successful bid for the Umm al Hayman Wastewater Project in Kuwait
- the lenders to Myah Gulf Oman Desalination Company SAOC on the project financing of the Sohar IWP project in Oman
- the EPC contractor in respect of the design and construction of the Jazan Industrial Gas Project
- the lenders to ACWA Power on the project financing of the Sakaka solar project in Saudi Arabia