Chris is a Senior Associate in our dispute resolution team.
Chris has a broad general commercial litigation practice encompassing contractual disputes, partnership disputes, defamation and reputation management, misuse of confidential information and insolvency and restructuring. His work primarily includes complex litigation and investigations in which he acts both for companies and individuals.
Chris' recent work includes advising on cases involving fraud, alleged unlawful conspiracies, breach of duty and reputational issues including in relation to parliamentary and regulatory inquiries.
In the area of reputation management, Chris regularly works on instructions ranging from pre-publication advice to litigation. He is listed as a Key Lawyer in the area of Reputation Management in Legal 500 UK 2022.
Chris read Law at Durham University and graduated in 2009.
Experience & expertise
- an individual and a company in relation to a high-value claim of fraudulent misrepresentation made in respect of a significant construction project
- certain directors of the Stobart Group in relation to defamation and malicious falsehood claims made against them by one of Stobart Group's former directors
- Certain of the former non-executive directors of Carillion plc in relation to all aspects of the insolvency of the Carillion Group, including advising in relation to appearances before Parliamentary Select Committees and successfully defending them in disqualification proceedings brought by the Secretary of State for Business and Trade
- Bell Pottinger in conducting an independent investigation into its account for Oakbay, a South African conglomerate
- a number of corporations in respect of the publication of false and misleading information.