Christon is a Senior Associate in the Competition, Regulation and Trade group.
Christon's expertise covers the full range of EU and UK competition law. He has advised clients on some of the most complex and high profile competition matters in a wide range of sectors.
Christon has extensive experience in competition litigation across Europe, including advising on claims issued in the High Court of England & Wales and the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal. His experience also includes advising clients on key strategic transactions, regulatory investigations and general compliance advice. In particular, Christon has advised on a number of Phase 2 merger investigations before the European Commission and the CMA.
Christon has been recognised as a Future Leader by Global Competition Review and by Who’s Who Legal in their 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 publications.
Christon holds an LLB and an LLM in Competition Law from King's College London.
Experience & expertise
- a truck manufacturer on their pan-European defence of damages actions arising out of the European Commission's Trucks investigation
- Telefónica UK and SA on the European Commission's Phase II investigation into the proposed £10.25 billion sale of O2 to Hutchison Whampoa (the owner of Three in the UK); on the competition law aspects of O2's network sharing arrangements with Vodafone; and acting as a third party in the CMA's merger inquiry into the acquisition of EE by BT
- Arriva on the CMA's Phase 2 investigation into its award of the Northern Rail Franchise
- Virgin Atlantic on the regulatory aspects of its multi-award winning Heathrow airport landing slots securitisation
- a confidential client on potential litigation in the High Court or CAT by an agent relating to changes to the client's distribution policy