Christine specialises in employment law, advising on contentious, transactional and advisory matters.
Christine has advised on claims in the Employment Tribunal and High Court including high value whistleblowing and discrimination claims and seeking injunctive relief. She spends time advising on team moves, misuse of confidential information and enforcement of restrictive covenants cases.
On transactional matters Christine has extensive experience advising on the employment aspects of M&A work, takeovers and outsourcings. This includes spending time advising in the context of cross-border transactions. She also advises on the employment aspects of insolvencies.
Christine has a full service advisory practice including advising on restructurings, executive hires and departures, conduct and capability issues, as well as drafting bonus arrangements (including within the financial services sector). Furthermore, Christine advises on employment-related data protection issues.
She has also spent time on secondment to an investment bank.
"Christine is a trusted employment partner who is able to bring her experience to bear for us in practical and pragmatic ways." Chambers UK 2024
"Christine is a very experienced and competent employment lawyer who finds optimal solutions to challenges faced." Chambers UK 2024
"She is a super bright and very capable lawyer." Chambers UK 2024
Experience & expertise
- Marsh & McLennan Companies on various employment matters, including High Court litigation involving alleged cross-border team moves involving proceedings in London and Dubai
- Eni on advice in relation to onshore and offshore employment issues from day-to-day matters to restructurings
- International financial institutions, an insurance broker and several energy companies on multi-million pound whistleblowing and discrimination claims and High Court disputes
- Numerous banks on implementation of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime and advising on the employment issues in the context of the new regulatory regime
- Various organisations on monitoring of employee emails, transfer of employee data and subject access requests from customers
- Stagecoach on the sale of its European Megabus business
- Treasury Wines acquisition of Diageo's wine business
- Ernst & Young as the administrators of Nortel Networks UK Limited on the employment issues arising from the administration of more than 30 subsidiaries in EMEA, including insolvency and restructuring issues, a series of substantial cross-border M&A transactions and various employment litigation in the UK and overseas