Chris is a senior associate in our advisory (non-contentious) Financial Services Regulatory practice.
He has a broad financial regulatory practice including advising on the payment services, banking, insurance, asset management, credit ratings, and consumer credit sectors.
Chris advises established and emerging clients, and their sponsors, on perimeter, conduct, promotion and prudential issues, regulatory change projects, and the regulatory aspects of public and private M&A, among other things.
Prior to joining HSF, Chris was senior counsel at the London office of a leading US technology-focussed law firm.
Experience & expertise
- a global card network on optimising its regulatory licensing footprint, governance arrangements, intragroup outsourcing structure and due diligence for a proposed acquisition of an international payments business*
- various payment institutions and e-money institutions on regulatory compliance, perimeter issues, product development,
- financial crime and sanctions compliance matters*
- Markerstudy on the acquisition of BGL Insurance and the Lloyd's broker, Clegg Gifford & Co*
- A US-headquartered bank on the subsidiarisation of its UK operations and associated Part VII FSMA transfer of banking business*
- Honeycomb Investment Trust plc on the financial regulatory aspects of its recommended all-share combination with Pollen Street Capital*
* Prior to joining HSF