Chotika advises both local and international clients on a wide range of commercial litigation, arbitrations and dispute resolution matters.
Chotika has experience in many different areas of Thai law, including employment, anti-corruption, arbitration, administrative and public laws, business reorganisation, and general corporate disputes.
- Lawyers Council of Thailand – 2014
Chotika earned her Bachelor Degree of Law (1st Class Honours) from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand, in 2013. She also completed a summer legal internship at a respected local firm in Thailand, where she worked on business and finance matters, investment projects and financial transactions. Chotika also holds a Master’s degree (LL.M.) from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Experience & expertise
- a major construction and mining company in respect of a high value unfair dismissal employment dispute in Thailand
- Thai operation of Japanese automotive manufacturer in providing Thai competition law advice in relation to its arrangement with its dealers
- an international travel business on the employment, pensions and incentives implications arising out of a business takeover, including on the ground support to human resources staff during workplace announcements and employee terminations
- a global food manufacturer on workplace accidents causing serious injuries to employees at its manufacturing facility
- a major global packaging manufacturer and supplier on human resource strategies with particular emphasis on managing short and long term changes to workforce numbers
- an international travel company on creating an internship program in Thailand and the redrafting of the company's work rules and standard employment contracts
- a Hong Kong-based hedge-fund in a Bangkok Southern District Court claim against a leading Thai retail conglomerate, arising out of a Mandatory Takeover Offer in respect of a company listed on the Thai Stock Exchange
- one of the world’s leading professional services firms in connection with a dispute among its equity partners in Thailand
- the world's leading truck manufacturer regarding Thai labour law issues and various disputes
- an integrated farmer services and originating business encompassing cotton lint in enforcing the International Cotton Association (ICA) arbitral awards in Thailand
- an international consumer products group on regulatory compliance and a potential constitutional challenge in relation to new Thai product labelling laws
- a leading global financial services company claims for debt repayment in business restructuring cases in Thailand
- a major water company in its arbitration against a state enterprise and enforcing the arbitral award in the Administrative Court