Cheryl advises on a range of complex commercial litigation proceedings and corporate crime investigations.
Cheryl has experience in commercial litigation matters, involving mis-selling of financial products, fraud and complex recovery actions. Cheryl's practice also covers internal investigations, advising clients on anti-corruption and related compliance matters.
Cheryl was admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2021. Prior to that, she trained with Herbert Smith Freehills and was seconded to the firm's London office for six months.
Cheryl read law at the London School of Economics and Political Science. She speaks fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Experience & expertise
- a leading global optical lens manufacturer, as claimant against 90 defendants in connection with a substantial fraud totalling over US$210 million. This is believed to be one of the largest and most complex civil recovery actions undertaken in the Hong Kong Court
- a leading automobile distributor on tracing and civil recovery in relation to a multimillion-dollar cyber fraud, against the transferee bank in Hong Kong
- members of a high profile, ultra-high net worth Hong Kong family in High Court proceedings relating to the family trust
- a leading Swiss bank in a Hong Kong mis-selling litigation commenced by its former client in relation to the alleged mis-selling of certain foreign exchange accumulator and decumulator contracts
- a major Chinese state-owned retail bank, defending a claim commenced by a customer in relation to a letter of no consent issued by the Hong Kong Police. This is believed to be one of the first claims commenced by a customer against a bank in the wake of the Hong Kong Court of First Instance's judgment in Tam Sze Leung & Ors v Commissioner of Police  HKCFI 3118
- a global pharmaceutical company on an investigation into allegations of fraudulent and corrupt business practices in APAC jurisdictions
- a multinational investment management company on an investigation into its Asian subsidiaries which were subjects of dawn raids concerning allegations of corruption
- a European bank on a global anti-bribery and corruption policy review