Charlene specialises in complex, high value, commercial litigation matters.
Charlene has experience in a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters at all levels of the Singapore courts. These include claims relating to shareholders and financial services, contractual disputes, insolvency proceedings, and employment litigation. She has also assisted in cross-border, jurisdictional interlocutory disputes. She has also acted as counsel in international arbitration proceedings. She strives to provide commercially effective and practical solutions to clients.
Charlene has and LL.B from the National University of Singapore. She is an Advocate and Solicitor, Singapore
Experience & expertise
- Acting as crisis management counsel for a leading electrical retailer in Singapore, including advising in numerous litigations threatened by former customers arising from the wordwide energy crunch since September 2021.
- Acting for a listed company in a moratorium application in the face of proceedings commenced by its primary creditor and threats of winding up from other creditors, as well as extension applications thereafter.
- Defending a director of an entity operating a digital trading platform in an SIAC arbitration brought by investors from claims of misrepresentations, breach of contract and breach of US statutes.
- Acting for the liquidator of an insolvent company for claims of breach of fiduciary duties and transactions at undervalue against former directors and entities in the BVI and the UAE.
- Acting for entities supplying machinery to a sub-contractor in a major construction project in relation to a three-way payment arrangement involving the sub-contractor and main contractor.